|AJMAN FREE ZONE.pdf||12.34 Kb|
Ajman is the smallest of the seven emirates and is located on the western coast of the UAE. Ajman has a pleasant blend of old and new, the simple and sophisticated. Ajman is located next to Sharjah and its Corniche boasts a fine sandy beach. It is composed of three sections. These sections are: Ajman City, Masfout region and Manama region. Ajman Free Zone, established in 1988, was granted autonomous status under the Amiri decree no.3 of 1996 issued by H.H. Sheikh Humaid Bin Rashid Al Nuaimi, Ruler of Ajman. Ajman Free Zone Authority has been named as the sole regulatory agency for Free Zone in the Emirate.
- Currency : United Arab Emirates Dirham
- Language: The official and spoken language is Arabic. English is widely used in commerce.
- Type of law: Islamic law
- Type of company: Free Zone Entity (FZE), Free Zone Company (FZC), Branch of a Foreign Company (BFC), Branch of a Local Company (BLC), Ajman Offshore
- Principal Corporate Legislation: Amiri Decree No 3 of 1988 as amended by the Amiri Decree No. 3 of 1996
- Uses: Trading, industrial activities (manufacturing), professional (provision of services), E-commerce
- Trading Restrictions: Trading activities under a Trading Licensing are allowed only in the Free Zone. However, goods may be sold to other emirates through distributors.
- Company Name: Restrictions may apply
- Language of legislation and corporate documents: English
- Taxation: No corporate tax, No personal income tax
- Annual license fee: Trading (One Activity) DH 3900, Trading (Two Activities) DH 5200, Trading (Three Activities) DH 6500, Trading( General Trading License) DH 9100, Services License Dh 6500, Industrial License Dh 9100
- Double Tax Treaty Network: Yes. Over 50 DTT. Only free zone companies have access to the treaties. Offshore companies do not qualify.
- Registered Agent/Office: Yes
- Shareholders: Single owner for FZE / more than one owners for FZC
- 100% foreign ownership
- Disclosure of Beneficial Owner: No
- Directors: Yes
- Secretary : No
- Share capital: FZE must have capital equivalent to US $50,000
- Annual Reporting: No annual audit requirement for Free Zone entities